Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ce mai faceti?

Three Generations of Missionaries!
In the Missionary World the elder who trains you is your "Dad", so this is Shane's "Son," Elder Cox, and his "Grandson," Elder ?


Ce mai faceti? That literally means, "What more are you doing?" or in other words, "How have you been?" Sounds like you have all been pretty darn busy! 


Thanks on the transcript update, I'll get that email sent right after this one. So, dad had some questions about stuff, ummm well, Elder Cox is hitting his year mark this transfer I think....So he's still got a year left to go. And as for all the zone leader stuff, your little experiences from when you were a zone leader made me laugh Dad! That's crazy that you had to memorize entire discussions. I can't imagine I would have really enjoyed that...One of your mission presidents was from Argentina, wow! 


So yeah, we do have a car here in Arad that we share with the Walquists (the senior couple). We'll use it for traveling to Oradea and Timisoara, or a couple times we've used it to go with a member to home teaching appointments, or other teaching appointments we have set up and don't have enough time to take public transportation. That rarely happens though. The car is a Skoda Fabio with an automatic transmission. I'm pretty sure that Skoda is owned by VW. Driving this car kind of reminds me of driving mom's Jetta. 


Skoda Fabio




It's not a bad car. The only down side to driving is that gas is EXPENSIVE!!! It costs anywhere between 5-6 RON per liter, which averages out to around $6 a gallon!! And I used to wonder why hardly anyone drives here...thankfully travel expenses come out of our zone funds, so when we drop 200 RON on a tank of gas, it doesn't come out of our personal MSF (Missionary Service Funds). 


Last week we did exchanges with Oradea, and this week will be with Timisoara. My exchange in Oradea was with Elder Cox (different Elder Cox from the one I trained, who is in Timisoara). It was a really good exchange, and over all an awesome experience! I had never served around this Elder Cox before, but I had seen him at zone conferences here and there so I never really got to know him until now. It's his first time being a District Leader right now, and he's doing an excellent job. I learned a lot from him on my exchange. 


Oh my gosh, I just have to say before I forget, the pictures of Allyson's sonogram are incredible!!! I remember with her last two pregnancy they had started doing those 3D photos, but it seems like they've gotten even better since then. You can make out all the little details of her face!! Man wouldn't that be incredible, to be say, 12 years old and be able to see a picture of you when you were the size of a softball? That is so awesome!


This week's been a little frustrating as far as investigators go. We haven't  been able to meet up with any of our potentials like M--- or M---, although we did run into C--- and his wife one day while walking through Centru! He introduced us to her and they were both really nice and friendly, and he said that he still wants to meet up and that he'd give us a call when he has some time off work.


 This Sunday went really well though! There were a lot of people who came. The sisters had a couple investigators come, and on our side M--- came and stayed for the second hour, and we had a couple less active members we've been trying to work with show up as well! M--- wanted a copy of the Liahona to give to a friend of his who's been asking him about our church. He's already doing missionary work, and he's not even an official investigator of ours! Then after church we went with two members to give the sacrament to two older ladies in the branch who are too sick to come. I remember back home doing that once or twice, and they were always very tender, spiritual moments. 


Nothing else too out of the ordinary has happened, we're just pluggin along, trying to get things moving here. Man, I can't believe Adam is coming home on the 5th! Wow, I still remember clearly  when he left and I still had a whole summer before leaving for my mission. Now all I have left is a summer. I figured it out that a full season is only about two transfers. Wierd. Time is such a relative thing, it almost might as well just not exist. I actually remember reading in the Book of Mormon I don't remember exactly where, where it said essentially that time is only a thing measured by man, and that to God there is no time. Try to wrap your head around that one.


 Well, I'm sorry I don't have any cool awesome or amazing stories, lately I've just been appreciating all the little things that happen every day, and it's hard to put all that into an email. I'm looking forward to this next week, and I hope all of you have safe travels to all of your crazy stuff you have going on, and know that I love you all and I'm always so grateful that I have people like you for my family.


Love,
Elder Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment