Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hey All

I call it "Blue Steel." I just cut my own hair for the first time last night with some clippers Elder Nilsson has. This is the shortest I've ever had it. I kind of like it. 



Oh my gosh I'm so jealous of your weekend. Happy Birthday Grandpa Gary and Andy!! The pictures were really fun to look at, and the whole area where the cabin is sounds absolutely amazing and wonderful! I'm glad you all had a chance to get away from everything for a weekend. It was fun seeing Amy and Jason's kid too! He's a big little guy! 


So a little update on college stuff, this last Friday we had our quartery interviews with President Hill and I talked to him a little bit about BYU. He was the director of the business program there before he was called as mission president so he knows a lot about the school, and he said that application deadlines should be coming up pretty soon....he may have been thinking about fall semester, but he knows I'm not going home until October. Either way, he gave me permission to go onto the BYU website and look up all the information I need to, so I'm going to spend some of my internet time doing that today. 

Well, this week sure did fly by! On Thursday I did my first zone leader exchange! I was with Elder McCombs in Timisoara. He is the district leader there and Elder Martin's companion. It was really fun being able to work in a different city for a day, and to get to know Elder McCombs. He's a great missionary and doing really well as district leader. He's from Elder Cox's group, so that puts him in his 7th transfer. One thing I love about working with other missionaries is the fact that you can learn a lot from working with other people, and it really motivated me a lot to do even better in my own area with Elder Nilsson. 

We're still busy with member visits, although we weren't able to get in as many this week because of our exchange and interviews with President. Elder Hyatt and Elder Simmons are the assisstants right now, so they stayed at our apartment Friday night. It was really fun seeing both of them again! But yeah, with our missionary work this week, we're still low on investigators....in that we don't have any....but, we got a referral from a member! His name is M---and he's been friends with Fratele S--- who was baptized a little over a year ago and get this, M--- said that he lived in Bacau for a while last year, and that he knew a missionary from there who served in Arad after Bacau. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet him because I was on my exchange with Elder McCombs when Elder Nilsson and Elder Martin met him, but from Elder Nilsson description of this guy, I'm almost positive that Elder Schank and I knew M--- from our English classes when I was in Bacau!! Elder Schank and I are the only people who have served in both Bacau and Arad in the last year. I'm pretty excited to meet him! It always blows my mind how stuff like this happens. God just lines up everything perfectly and leaves you standing with your mouth hanging open thinking, "did that just happen?" 

Other than that we've been doing a lot of former investigator hunting but so far nothing has come out of it. The weather's been pretty crazy too. There have been a lot of rolling thunder and rain storms that will dump buckets of rain for an hour or so and then leave and it will be perfectly sunny and warm. Elder Nilsson and I got caught in one of them a couple days ago as we were out visiting former investigators' homes. Luckily we had umbrellas with us but we still got pretty wet!



Oh yeah and then one last thing and I have to get going. On Sunday Fratele Moldovan (the guitar teacher) brought this guy to church who is the son of a guy that used to play guitar in a band with Fratele Moldovan. The son's name is Alex, he's 21 and both of his parents are Romanians who had moved to LA in 1985, so Alex was born American and grew up in LA and now speaks both romanian and English. Alex has been in Romania since mid March and is staying with Moldovan right now, and he plays the guitar as well, so today right after internet we're going to go over to Fratele Moldovan's and jam for a little while! 

That's all for today, sorry my email's a little shorter. I'll have more to say next week! This Wednesday and Thursday we'll be doing an exchange with the district leader companionship in Oradea so I'll tell you all about that. Thanks again for the emails and all the photos, I love you all!

Love,
Elder Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment