Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy Pioneer Day!!!


Elder Myers and Elder Harrison cruising the streets of Arad on P-day!
I think this was taken during a photo scavenger hunt the sister missionaries planned for last week.


I always forget how eventful the month of July is! Indepedence day, birthdays left and right, Pioneer day, and who knows what else. I'll have you know that I bought myself a nice brand new birthday suit (this one is grey) and some nice shoes that I plan on keeping in good condition so I can still wear them when I get home. I'll send you a picture next week. Also, thank you mom for the bio on the last guitar teacher. It sounds like David Elke or whatever his name was is still my best option as far as getting ready for the auditions goes.
And thank you for all the pictures!!!!!!! I loved them! That is so cool that Jodi and her kids and Heather were all able to be there together! I'm sorry to hear about things going south with Jodi's work. Pass on down to Heather that I haven't received her package yet, but I'll probably get it at transfers. That's so awesome that she can stay with you all for a week! Even if it's not as much as you were all hoping, it's still pretty awesome and I'm still pretty jealous. Give her my love and lots of hugs from me!

This week! Was a week of lots of lessons not getting set up or falling through for some reason or other. But that's ok! Because this coming week is going to be awesome! This is the last full week of my 14th transfer. (This is where my jaw drops mentally and my mind is blown because I only have two transfers left.) This has been such an awesome transfer! This is one the best districts I've served in (even though I probably say that for just about every district) and I'm going to miss it. I'm thinking there's about a 95% chance that I'll be transferred out of Arad since I've been here for 3 transfers and with only two left, leaving me here for 5 would be a lot, but it would be silly to keep me here for four and then send me to  a new city for just one transfer before I go home. I don't know, we'll see! Honestly, I'm ready for whatever comes. I wouldn't mind finishing off my mission here, but I have a feeling that I'll be moved.

We were only had one lesson the whole week, and it was with Florica (floor - ee - ca). It was a good chance to get to know her more and learn more about what her concerns and needs are spiritually. She told us that she doesn't belief in an after life and so we talked about the Plan of Salvation for a few minutes and assigned her Alma 40 to read which talks a lot about the resurrection. I love those chapters when Alma gives his last words of advice and councel to his sons. It gives you a lot of insight to the kind of person Alma was, seeing how he handles his relationships with his sons.

On saturday we had a miracle find! We were on our way to visit a recent convert, when a man pulling weeds out of the sidewalk in front of his house stopped us and asked us about our religion. After a few minutes he let us in his house and we met his wife and two of his teenage sons. They were all very nice and easy to talk to people, curious about life in America, and also in the things we believe. Before we left we gave them a Restoration brochure and took down their phone number. They said we were welcome to come back anytime and that they would also love to have us over for dinner!! That doesn't happen every day! That was just one more reminder that Heavenly Father is always watching us and always blesses us when we do our part.

Last Wednesday I had my exchange with Elder Green in Timisoara. It went really well in the sense that it was a really good oportunity to catch up and get to know him better and find out more about how things are going in the Timisoara district. He's got a lot on his plate. The branch president there is a missionary from the other companionship, but Elder Green is the district leader, the branch president's 1st counseler, the Elder's Quorum President, and the branch clerk. So, he's kinda stressed. On top of that the work is going really slow in his area. They don't have any investigators or members to work with and for the exchange we spent the majority of the day contacting through parks. Brings me back to the good ol' Brasov days.

That's it for this week. Thanks for all the photos and loving words. Every week they give me a little pick me up and help me get ready to face the rest of the week ahead of me. Have a wonderful week everyone, I love you all!

Love,
Elder Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment