Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Thanks Everyone!!!


Happy Birthday to Elder Myers and Timea!  Arad, RomaniaElder Harrison on left, sister missionaries with branch member, Timea,

Thanks for that cool email, mom! Your's was pretty cool too, Dad. I loved the detailed discription of your boating adventures! I got emails from Aunt Chrissy, Sara Bradley - she said that YSA missionaries got into contact with Lynzi!! I had tried sending her a letter several transfers ago, got it was sent back saying the address I had was invalid so I don't know how to get into contact with her. Is she back living in the Chico area?
I also got an email from Jenny Wilson, who is from Australia. She was in my district when I was in Brasov with Elder Simmons. Totally unexpected, but really cool! Yesterday at church President Banatean announced in sacrament meeting that it was my birthday. It's also a member's birthday, Timea. She's a YSA member here but doesn't come to church very much. She had invited us to her birthday party on Saturday evening that was with just her and all of her closest friends. I felt really grateful that she didn't think it was weird to invite us missionaries to her party - especially since it was with all of her closest friends! That meant a lot. We made her some delicious peanut-butter criss-cross cookies.
Today for p-day the Sora Remsberg and Sora Cook have apparently planned out the whole day. They planned some kind of photo scavenger hunt, and all the missionaries from Timisoara came up too! Oh, and just so you know, I should be getting the package you sent today or tomorrow. The Walquists were down in Bucuresti last week and picked up all our mail!

So, here's what happened to the six lessons. A lot of them fell through, and the ones that did happen haven't really gone anywhere, but, this week has been really awesome!

I don't know if I told you about M---, the Italian man, but we had a lesson with him and A--- and it went really really well! M--- seems like a really good hearted man, and someone who's seen his fair share of challenges and trials in his life. He said that he had already read the whole Restoration brochure, and was up to 1 Nephi 9 in the Book of Mormon! He had a lot of really good questions that, through the help of the Holy Ghost we were able to answer them in a way that he understood. He really thought about everything we said, and I don't know how to explain it, but he just gets it! He has a true desire to find out from God if everything we're telling him is true or not.

This Sunday was probably the highlight of the week. One of our investigators, C--- (the college professor) came to church! He stayed for sacrament meeting and sunday school, but had to leave after that to go to a presentation. He participated in Sunday School, which lesson was on priesthood, which was so perfect! He seemed to completely understand everything from the comments he made. R--- didn't make it, his work schedule changed this week because one of his co-workers is on vacation so he has to work this week from 7-5-ish. He usually works every other night or something like that. However, we're scheduled to meet up tonight and have a lesson.

After church Sister M--- invited us over to her house that evening to visit with her husband. Her husband has been inactive for about two years, and within those two years has not accepted visits from anyone in the church except the occasional senior couple, so the fact that he let us come over was a complete miracle! I have never seen Sister M---so happy and extatic! In the visit she told us the whole history of the branch practically and shared a photo album she had with all the members and missionaries all the way back to 1999, when they were baptized. I saw a picture of Sora Petrisor, one of my MTC teachers in a photo of a group of members who were going to the temple! She was very open and loving to her husband as she shared her testimony and asked him "what can we do to help you come back to church?" It was one of the most powerful and touching moments I've had on my mission. Through her, I saw the power and connection that comes through making covenants in the temple (Brother and sister M--- have 3 girls and they were all baptized in the same year and later were all sealed together in the temple). At the end of the visit, Brother M--- agreed to let us go over and visiting them weekly. That was probably one of the best birthday presents I've ever had; just having that miraculous experience.

Now we're heading into the last two full weeks in the transfer! This week we'll be doing exchanges with the district leader companionship in Timisoara, Elder Green and Elder James. They are both one transfer ahead of me, and Elder Green was my zone leader for a couple transfers when I was in Brasov! I'm really looking forward to this week, and continuing to work with the people we've come into contact with and have gotten to know.

Oh yeah, and before I forget, I haven't done my endorsement interview with President Hill yet...I kind of forgot when he came up for interviews, but I'll have other opportunites at transfers or zone conference. Thanks so much mom, for getting all the application stuff done!

I love you all and have an awesome week!

Elder Myers

P.S. I just attached the two cheesiest photos of the week. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment